- Stand in Tadasana
- Raise the left leg, and bend it at the knee.
- Press the foot against the inner thigh; this can be compared to using the block between the thighs, the foot and heel should press very hard against the inner thigh.
- Put the foot as high on inner thigh as possible. The same action should take place in the foot on the thigh as the foot on the ground.
The outer hip socket and thigh moving in; this will complement the raised arms, and both arms will stretch evenly like this. If the left foot is strong, and right is weak, the left arm will be strong and right arm will be weak, and vice versa
- Don’t lift the hip
- The whole of the outer leg should move in; even the skin on the outer hip should suck in towards the hip on the leg you are standing on.
- Roll the ball of the big toe towards the floor
- Raise and straighten the arms above your head, touching the palms together. Connect the elbows together in your awareness.
- Hold the asana for a while. Exit the asana by reversing your movements
- Repeat on the right hand side.